- Act Now
- Open Internet
- Promoting Creativity
- Open & Accessible Technology
Position Summary: The Vice President, Government Affairs will work to create and implement Public Knowledge's government affairs and outreach strategy, through constituency building, event organizing, strategizing, and relationship building. The position will require registration as a federal lobbyist.
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Public Knowledge President and Chief Operating Officer
- Developing and implementing Public Knowledge's legislative strategy
- Managing the Government Affairs staff to carry out the objectives of the department
- Obtaining up to date information on legislative matters within the House of Representatives and Senate
- Representing Public Knowledge at events, panel discussions, coalition meetings, and meetings with congressional staff and Members of Congress
- Researching and drafting congressional testimony for legislative hearings on telecommunications and copyright policy
- Writing blog posts on pending legislative issues in order to inform the broader public
- Maintaining contact with a diverse array of constituencies aligned with the goals of Public Knowledge
- Connecting the legal and research resources of Public Knowledge with Congress
- A college graduate with a passion for public policy and technology
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Capitol Hill or Federal agency experience
- Familiarity with legislative matters regarding technology policy preferred
- Experience conducting outreach and developing partnerships with a wide range of organizations and constituencies
- Strong communications skills
- A creative self-starter that can devise new, innovative outreach methods
- A willingness and ability to learn complex technological and legal issues quickly
- The ability to produce high‐quality results on tight deadlines and with little oversight
Compensation: Public Knowledge provides competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
About Public Knowledge: Public Knowledge is a Washington D.C.-based, non-profit, public interest group working to promote a creative and connected future. Public Knowledge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability. For more information on us, visit PublicKnowledge.org.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 6, 2012. No phone calls please.
|PK VP Gov Affairs||66.68 KB|