Public Knowledge's IP3 awards are a special occasion to honor those who have made significant contributions in the three areas of “IP”—intellectual property, information policy, and internet protocol.
This year will be the fourteenth year Public Knowledge has held the awards, and now it's time for you to submit nominations. They can be for a career's worth of work, or for a more recent accomplishment. It's up to you!
Recipients from past years include:
- Rep. Anna Eshoo;
- Senator Al Franken;
- Tim Berners-Lee, World Wide Consortium;
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren;
- Michael Masnick, CEO, Techdirt;
- Fred von Lohmann (with the Electronic Frontier Foundation at the time);
- members of the band OK Go!; and
- Columbia Law School professor Tim Wu.
You can check out all of our past winners here.
Here’s how it works:
- Send in your nomination to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give us the name of your nominee and a short explanation for why you think your nominee should win.
- We’ll pass along that information to a panel of judges who will narrow down the list of nominees to three winners.
This year’s judges include:
- Coriell Wright, Director of Global Public Policy, Netflix
- Joshua Lamel, Vice President, BGR Group
- Laura Moy, Deputy Director, Center on Privacy & Technology, Georgetown Law
Stay tuned for updates about the big day!