Position Summary: Public Knowledge seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist the organization’s communications team with its marketing and communications efforts. Communications internships at Public Knowledge provide students or young professionals an opportunity to learn first-hand the skills required to succeed in communications for a public interest advocacy organization. This internship is a remote, flexible position. Candidates will require a computer/laptop with an internet connection to participate.
- Draft blog posts, a variety of website content, action pages, fact sheets, marketing emails, social media posts (for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), press releases, and other content.
- With guidance, edit video footage to enhance the Public Knowledge website, marketing emails, and social media channels.
- Create and edit graphics to enhance the Public Knowledge website, marketing emails, and social media channels.
- Review and report on web analytics for Public Knowledge websites and social media channels.
- Prepare social media kits for Congressional hearings, FCC Open Meetings, campaign launches, and other relevant events.
- Serve as an editor on blog posts and other digital content as needed.
- Help plan and execute campaigns and participate in coalitions.
- Excellent communications skills, including both oral and written.
- An understanding of social media tools and platforms.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into understandable written and oral statements and messages intended to persuade, influence, or inform others, including public opinion leaders.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Public Knowledge, public interest advocacy, and technology policy.
- Interest in policymaking and the political process.
- Familiarity with video production and graphic design.
- Knowledge of web analytics and/or CMS and CRM use a plus.
Compensation: $1500 monthly stipend
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week (based on the candidate’s schedule)
Start Date: Between January 18 and February 1, 2022 (based on the candidate’s schedule)
Duration: 3-6 months with the option to extend
You can apply using the form below.