Public Knowledge will host a briefing on privacy legislation February 5 from 2 – 3 p.m. at the Dirksen Senate Office Building. The briefing, “Privacy Protections in the Post-Equifax Era,” will outline privacy legislation expected for 2018 and review lessons learned from the 2017 Equifax data breach. Public Knowledge’s Senior Vice President, Harold Feld, will also discuss his new white paper, “Principles for Privacy Legislation.”
Both members of the press and Congressional staff are encouraged to attend.
Laura Moy, Deputy Director of Georgetown Law's Center on Privacy & Technology, will moderate the panel.
- Justin Brookman – Director of Consumer Privacy and Technology Policy at Consumers Union
- Eric Null – Policy Counsel at Open Technology Institute
- Megan Stifel – Cybersecurity Policy Director at Public Knowledge
- Abigail Slater – General Counsel at Internet Association
- Yael Weinman – Associate General Counsel for Privacy at Verizon
Please RSVP for this event. You may download the paper, “Principles for Privacy Legislation,” for more information. Contact Shiva Stella for media inquiries. Staff and panelists are also available for interviews. Join the #PrivacyPrinciples conversation during the live event!
Members of the media may contact Communications Director Shiva Stella with inquiries, interview requests, or to join the Public Knowledge press list at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-249-9435.