Last Friday, Public Knowledge president and co-founder Gigi Sohn spoke on a panel entitled “Net Neutrality: It’s Back Again!” at the 2008 Broadband Policy Summit here in Washington. I managed to shoot some video footage of the panel and I’ve included some of the highlights below, though you’ll have to accept my apologies for the poor video quality (the light and mirror-filled room offered a sobering lesson in the limitations of the Flip Video Ultra). At any rate, the audio is quite clear, so be sure to check out these clips if you weren’t at last week’s summit.
Part I: What is reasonable network management?
Part II: Reactions to 700Mhz open access provisions, wireless carrier openness initiatives
Panel members (from left to right, as seen in the videos):
- Brian Bieron, Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs, eBay
- Christopher Guttman-McCabe, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, CTIA
- Kathryn C. Brown, Senior Vice President, Public Policy Development & Corporate Responsibility, Verizon
- Gigi B. Sohn, President and Co-Founder, Public Knowledge
- Mike McCurry, Partner, Public Strategies; former White House Press Secretary