Public Knowledge will host a briefing on the Impact of Technology Transitions on Rural Communities at the Rayburn House Office Building Tuesday, May 12 at 2 p.m. This joint briefing is also sponsored by the Center for Rural Strategies and the National Rural Assembly’s Rural Broadband Policy Group.
Panelists and topics include:
- Service Availability: Mimi Pickering, Director of the Community Media Initiative, Appalshop (Whitesburg, Kentucky)
- Network Resiliency (911): Randy McDonald, Public Safety Liaison and 2nd Assistant Fire Chief, Broadband Alliance of Mendocino County (Comptche, California)
- Rural Call Completion: Regina Costa, Telecommunications Director, TURN – The Utility Reform Network (Salinas, California)
- Consumer Education: Whitney Kimball-Coe, Coordinator, National Rural Assembly (Athens, Tennessee)
- Affordable Broadband: Sharell Harmon, Member of the National Council of Young Leaders, YouthBuild (Elkins, West Virginia)
Please contact Shiva Stella if you’re interested in speaking with a panelist. You may read our blog for more details or view full event information and RSVP. You can also join the conversation on Twitter using #TechTransitions and #Rural.
Members of the media may contact Communications Director Shiva Stella with inquiries, interview requests, or to join the Public Knowledge press list at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-249-9435.